In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1somnífero masculinopastilla para dormir femenino
- This reader's mother may need a sleeping pill because the antidepressant she is taking can cause insomnia.
- Simon, a middle-aged salesman, came to see me requesting a prescription for a sleeping pill.
- She was not only on Oxycontin, but on a sleeping pill and a sedative for anxiety.
- A few minutes later, a nurse came in, carrying with her some sleeping pills and some painkillers and water.
- Another psychiatrist also gave her sedatives and sleeping pills.
- She still suffered from shortness of breath and was currently taking sleeping pills and anti depressants, she told the court.
- Some nightshade plants are ingredients in potent narcotic medicine and sleeping pills.
- Up to 50 percent of all women over 60 in Canada may be prescribed tranquilizers or sleeping pills.
- Instead, they are prescribing medications like Valium, tranquilizers and sleeping pills.
- The sleeping pill flurazepam produces sedation that lasts too long increasing the risk of falls.
- It is not recommended to use over-the-counter sleeping pills for insomnia.
- Try not to take sleeping pills for longer than a night or two.
- Escaping them for a few hours courtesy of a sleeping pill is wonderful.
- Your body makes tranquilizers and sleeping pills and immunomodulators and antibodies.
- The trouble is that some of the sleeping pills that people use to combat insomnia may also leave them groggy and slow the next day.
- I'd give her one sleeping pill and one pain pill.
- She was attended by her doctor, who gave her valium and sleeping pills to deal with her distress.
- In the case of a sleeping pill or some other medicine you use only occasionally, this can serve as a reminder to ask your physician for a new prescription at your next visit.
- Laughter has benefited many people who were on heavy tranquilizers and sleeping pills.
- He'd drugged her with sleeping pills and when she had awakened she'd found herself locked in the cellar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.