In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enfermedad del sueño femenino
- Transmitted by tsetse flies, in which the trypanosomes of African sleeping sickness develop, they enter their human host by the bite of the fly.
- The tsetse fly transmits sleeping sickness, midges transmit lumpy skin disease and three-day stiff sickness.
- Only about 1% of newly developed drugs are for tropical diseases, such as African sleeping sickness and dengue fever.
- The medical aid agency specifically asked them for the overall resources devoted to malaria, tuberculosis, sleeping sickness, Chagas' disease, and leishmaniasis.
- Understanding trypanosomes at the molecular level is key to fighting African sleeping sickness and diseases caused by similar parasites.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.