In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(by employee)(at place of work) permanencia nocturna en el lugar de trabajo femenino(on business trip) viaje de negocios con estancia nocturna masculino
2(of guest)estancia nocturna femenino
- Not that we were unpopular and didn't socialize with anyone else, but it was Amanda who I shared sleepovers and late night conversations with.
- Usually I finished before that though and when I was doing sleepovers I was inside all night so that was ok.
- The night went as all sleepovers do, without sleep, and with lots of gushing, giggling, and plain laughter.
- I'm always in major chaos whenever I plan sleepovers but, after this totally awesome article, nobody will be bored at my parties!
- Essentially, it was really my dorm with sleepovers every few nights.
- Keep thinking about how good it will feel when you are comfortably independent - and how much fun it will be to join friends for sleepovers or slumber parties!
- Remember sleepovers and campouts where you'd sit around a fire and tell scary stories in a Round Robin?
- It was also during this time that sleepovers with the opposite sex became more common and a lot less innocent.
- Favorites include staying up late on Friday night, sleepovers with friends, and bowling with the family.
- While other girls were indoors having tea parties and sleepovers, she was outside playing baseball with the guys.
- In return, her two children went to hastily organized sleepovers that will spill into today, which allows her to return to work today.
- Through the rest of elementary school we had sleepovers every night.
- We've had a family weekend night since both of our kids were little - no friends over, no sleepovers, no dates that night.
- We struck a silent bond, never talking about life on The Farm, and never inviting other kids home for sleepovers or parties.
- They trusted the geeky young boy to have wild parties and boy-girl sleepovers.
- Many trips to amusement parks and more sleepovers followed.
- And according to recent trends, co-ed sleepovers are popular now.
- There were the usual birthdays and sleepovers, awkward school pictures, and family shots that blur the distinction between all our lives.
- My best friend and I have sleepovers almost every weekend.
- ‘Alexa's always the one who convinces my parents to let us have sleepovers on school nights and stuff,’ says Natalee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.