In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1honda femenino(Y-shaped) tirachinas masculino(Y-shaped) honda femenino Cono Sur Perú(Y-shaped) cauchera femenino Colombia(Y-shaped) resortera femenino México(Y-shaped) china femenino Venezuela
- Mr McGrath says the rocks thrown at the beginning of the attack seemed to have been lobbed by hand, but the one that hit him appeared to have been fired from a slingshot.
- Clearly warfare conducted through massive land armies, battering rams, javelins and slingshots has little technically in common with warfare today.
- Around lay many weapons, everything from slingshots to swords.
- A villager who has hitch-hiked a lift with us whips out his slingshot, aiming for the kites.
- Having a weapon in school, meant being caught with a slingshot.
- Although my ‘dad’ doesn't hunt anymore, he still has the weaponry, namely, a slingshot.
- In response, Savage and her team started a program where children could trade in their slingshots for a stuffed animal of the cottontop tamarin.
- The handful of remaining officers were vastly outnumbered by fighters wielding machetes, swords, slingshots, bows and arrows.
- I've hunted successfully with ‘stick’ bows, blowguns, boomerangs, and slingshots.
- He pulled out his slingshot and loaded it with a crab apple, and took aim at Parsons' broad back.
- In the worst case, protesters on April 10 targeted police with gas bombs and slingshots, leading to clashes which left more than 140 injured.
- One of the highlights of the festival was the traditional slingshot shooting competition.
- Both boys have slingshots for weapons, which they fashioned from belts and string.
- Boys are skillful with slingshots and blowguns in hunting small birds.
- They should even face strict controls on slingshots, air pistols, and lawn darts, too.
- They offer youth, adult and competitive air rifles, air pistols, accessories, slingshots and Winchester air rifles.
- Some of those arrested were in possession of weapons, including slingshots, knives, gas cans and stones.
- Traditional games and competitions in this year's event will include water boxing, a slingshot contest, sack races and a form of snakes and ladders.
- Children specialize in scaring birds from cornfields with slingshots, fetching water, and carrying a hot lunch from home to their fathers and brothers in the field.
- Reaching to his belt, Hawk pulled out a slingshot and some flat river pebbles from a pouch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.