In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiesta para niñas en la que las invitadas se quedan a dormir
- Since Jasper obviously wouldn't be joining them for the rest of that day, the girls decided that they would have a slumber party with just the two of them.
- I suppose I could call it a tickle fight, although that really sounds like something a junior high girl would say in context of a slumber party.
- ‘God you would think we were a group of hysterical teenage girls at a slumber party,’ Matt finally muttered, his voice low.
- ‘I feel like a bunch of girls at a slumber party,’ Tyrian snorted into the case while fumbling with a tiny key,
- Giggling and shocked to light-headedness, the girls of the slumber party followed her in.
- If you girls are going to have a slumber party, he should come with us.
- I was a kid, I was at a slumber party with 4th grade girls who were older than me.
- Chastity Li was just a normal girl having a normal slumber party with her friends.
- We went to warm parties with mince pies and fruit-and-wine cake and sorpatel, leaving behind our Christmas tree and nativity scene back in our house, and Sophia in later years (whenever she wanted a slumber party at our house, that is).
- She'd actually managed to do this with the help of a hand computer she'd brought with her to the slumber party at Maggie's house without her knowledge at first.
- I was at a slumber party at a friend's house when our hostess pulled out this game.
- Unlike the rest of the girls at the slumber party that Maggie was now hosting in her house, that was the case for two of them, in fact.
- The pain of not being a part of this party and the slumber party and the making out is just too much.
- Since the best place to observe grooming behaviour in modern society is at a teenaged girl's slumber party, I crashed one this weekend.
- The Munchaks slept very little the night before because their daughter had hosted a slumber party.
- I'm going to be the oldest girl at a slumber party with a bunch of thirteen year old girls.
- Suddenly feeling like a little girl at a slumber party, sharing who our crushes are at the moment and then giggling wildly.
- But then I remember going to Bree's house for a slumber party.
- She had a slumber party with Riley and Kiki last night.
- Plan a slumber party, a night at the movies or a day at the amusement park.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.