In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of mud, cement)
- The flue gas is passed through an aqueous limestone slurry containing formic acid.
- For farmyard manure and slurry the closed period runs from August to November.
- Adding silage effluent to slurry greatly increases the level of poisonous hydrogen sulphide gas produced.
- Meanwhile silage vehicles and the discharge of slurry by jet spray will require specific licences to go on and off farms.
- They then repeatedly washed a slurry of gold or semiconductor particles over the protein crystals.
- Mud and slurry cover the site at the moment and staff are keeping the remaining dogs out until the threat of further flooding has subsided.
- Instead of having to stock parts, dealers could just have a tank of soybean slurry and a couple of computer discs.
- The other key element is that good practices must be followed when spreading slurry and chemical fertilizers.
- Nutrients in fertiliser and slurry encourage aggressive species such as nettles and thistles at their expense.
- Officials hurriedly put together advice on the disposal of disinfectants, manure, slurry and milk.
- According to Paul these produce less slurry and methane gas per acre.
- The slurry was expected to enter the River Ouse in the next 24 hours when it will become so diluted it will be harmless.
- Alternatively, a cement and perlite slurry can be pumped into the flue.
- Farmers, in particular, have been urged to be careful where and when they apply slurry and fertilisers.
- It is recommended to leave a week between slurry and fertilizer spreading.
- Farms within a three-kilometre radius are now subject to strict rules on disinfection and the use of milk and of slurry.
- Erosion is the wearing away or destruction of metals and other materials by the abrasive action of water, steam or slurries that carry abrasive materials.
- Spring application will give the best utilisation of nitrogen in slurry.
- The tankers are capable of sucking out waste, sludge, and slurry from a depth of eight metres in absolutely no time.
- Rat-tailed maggot larvae may be found in drains, waste waters, liquid manure, slurry tanks or ditches.
compuesto acuoso de lodo, cemento etc
2Agriculturaestiércol líquido masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.