In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de poca montade poca importancia
- Gina is your softer-featured Calvin, a small-time stylist who's just trying to make it in a world full of headaches.
- A clutch of kings, small-time rulers and chieftains invaded your home, dazzling garments and heavy jewellery in tow.
- The industry sweepstakes are pegged with four major players at the top, two medium-scale ones and a few small-time operators.
- Back in the day, Great Britain used to make and unmake small-time countries like Greece with one hand tied behind its back.
- And what can small-time stations and local radio networks learn from their examples?
- But Michael Rebell was never the small-time lawyer, with only a desk and a shingle, that some made him out to be.
- After an uninspiring university life he worked as a small-time suburban solicitor who lived with his mother until he was thirty-two.
- The jury at Preston Crown Court had been told how small-time drug dealer Mr Barnshaw had been beaten and doused in petrol and set alight after being kidnapped.
- But Pitt's six-year reign as a small-time godfather in south Manchester came to an end last year when he was jailed for life for murder.
- First came a rumor about Kerry, then a small-time blogger wrote about it, and his posting was read by journalists.
- He was a small-time farmer, who loved animals and the land.
- No one questioned what a small-time dealer would be doing with rockets.
- The book was to show how corporations and small-time bureaucrats conspire to sell out the people they purport to represent.
- They were ‘just small-time crooks who thought they were a lot bigger than they were’, according to Richardson.
- For sheer want of manpower, violators go untraced and consequently a summons is never served for small-time traffic violations.
- The crooks range from small-time gangsters to big-time drug traffickers and international terrorists.
- The boys are suitably impressed, and when Sanjay asks them to work for him, turning their small-time racket into a bigger operation, they agree.
- It is a cynical look at small-time academia, and it was really completely beneath the station of someone like Qian to have written it.
- Ten years later, Rikidozan was killed by a small-time gangster, with a tanto, in a bar.
- In the movie, he's a small-time interviewer from a small-time station.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.