In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tarjeta electrónica femenino
- And the migration from magnetic stripe cards to smart cards within the financial sector is expected to provide greater opportunity to use these cards for mobile commerce.
- Some credit-card companies are already issuing smart cards for both in-store and online shopping.
- These include intrusion-detection, virus screening software, encryption packages and physical security solutions such as smart cards.
- In Finland, for example, the government provides smart cards to authenticate the identity of someone transacting business over the Internet.
- The Reserve Bank of India has introduced a number of restrictions on the issue of debit cards and smart cards by banks.
- Vending units may be monitored from a central location and may even be connected to the Internet for cashless transactions via the use of smart cards or passwords.
- Defined at its highest level, a smart card is a credit-card sized plastic card that includes an embedded computer chip.
- Smart cards: voters are issued smart cards that can execute voting software on the card, as well as store identification information.
- Whether that will come in the form of a SIM, a smart card, or a biometric database has yet to be determined.
- Few local business would sell council's parking meter smart cards - rechargeable cards which can be used to pay the meters.
- The inclusion of a smart card in every financial transaction will add a crucial second layer of authentication.
- The research team examined three types of smart cards: Supervisor cards, Voter Access Cards and Security Key Cards.
- The system is currently on trial in Northampton but will be nationwide by 2005, as credit cards with embedded smart cards are issued throughout the UK.
- Companies have been trying to promote smart cards as a replacement for traditional credit cards for years without success.
- There has been much interest in recent years over smart cards, or cards with an embedded microprocessor chip to store the user's data.
- Handheld devices and smart cards will have built-in computers relying on boards, ICs, and components.
- Those who were informed of being selected as one of the first 10,000 smart card holders received their smart cards at the four-day event, or left the right to others.
- He added: ‘Ideally we would like to move on to smart cards or virtual smart cards.’
- Each patient uses a smart card, which can be topped up with credit, to access the system.
- A smart card resembles a credit card in size and shape, but it is actually a minicomputer of sorts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.