In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nido de abeja masculino
- Siobhan O'Musca's fingers flew as she gathered and tacked the smocking on the bodice of the ivory-colored ball gown.
- The latest fad in the world of fashion is to go in for fusion wears, which is an intricate mix of conventional patterns with contemporary smocking.
- The stitchers display dazzling skill and finesse, creating textured surfaces of petit point, needlepoint, beading, embroidery, appliqué, smocking and macramé.
- Because the smocking is done as an insert rather than at the top of the skirt front piece, the skirt length will need to be shortened.
- Scallop-edged eyelet and smocking provide a summery look, regardless of the season.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.