1(+ singular verb) serpientes y escaleras femeninolet's play (a game of) snakes and ladders — vamos a jugar a las serpientes y las escaleras
- He came to a low table where some children were playing snakes and ladders, a game of pure luck.
- Evening entertainment included games of ludo, snakes and ladders and draughts.
- A special games area has been set aside for family use with giant board games, including snakes and ladders, chess and Connect 4.
- In this game of snakes and ladders, it is possible to come down a ladder and climb to triumph on the venom of a snake.
- It was like having to go back to the first row in a game of snakes and ladders.