In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piel de serpiente femeninocuero de víbora masculino Río de la Platacuero de culebra masculino Chile
- Apparently, leathers and skin-tight snakeskin trousers are really in right now.
- By contrast, in the West, snakeskin, like lizard skin, is considered beautiful enough for expensive designer bags, wallets and footwear.
- There are lots of skinny belts, tiny snakeskin ones, or leather shoestring ones and what's great about them is that you don't have to have a tiny waist to be able to wear them.
- Ian was standing there looking as good as ever in a western-looking shirt, blue jeans, snakeskin boots, and a cowboy hat.
- Ronald in contrast was resplendent in a cool all-white suit, white pimp daddy hat, white snakeskin shoes, ivory tipped cane - and pearly white teeth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.