In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que se cierra con un clic
- It has a pocket clip on one end which is attached to the snap-on cap which covers the USB end of the unit.
- At each grommet location, follow the manufacturer's instructions to trim the fabric from the grommet hole and attach the snap-on cover.
- The next time you experience hum, buzz, radio or television interference, attach a snap-on ferrite clamshell to the cable where it goes into a device.
- Clipped to the dashboard, I noticed a tiny mobile phone with a jungle-themed snap-on cover.
- Gas washers come with a series of snap-on nozzles, so pick the one that produces the widest fan of water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.