In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perro rastreador masculinoperro de rastreo masculino
- Replace the false bottom, slam the tailgate and not even a customs officer with a sniffer dog is going to be able to find that back window of yours.
- The sniffer dog makes periodic visits to the temple and an unwary visitor is sure to be frightened at the sight of the canine.
- Soon, he was asked to train a sniffer dog for the police department.
- Last Saturday, a dog handler had to be flown from Shannon to Dublin to collect a drugs sniffer dog for a search, the conference was told.
- She was watching a policeman demonstrate his sniffer dog's ability.
- They were discovered by a sniffer dog trained to find tobacco.
- Nearly 40 rescue workers, helped by a police helicopter and a sniffer dog combed the woods searching for the biker on Saturday last week.
- When the rescuers returned, the sniffer dog whined, indicating it detected the smell of a corpse.
- Only two women permanently work at the premises and it was terrifying when police officers turned up with a sniffer dog to search for drugs.
- The drugs were so well hidden in the bodywork of the car it took a police sniffer dog to find them.
- A tutor takes a sniffer dog through its routine training practise.
- This sniffer dog has been helping out the investigators with its unique sense of smell for the past seven years.
- During the search, in which a sniffer dog was used, they also arrested another woman for an alleged drugs-related offence.
- They used a sniffer dog to check for drugs and arrested seven men throughout the operation on Wednesday.
- The device was found under a flower pot on the patio of the pub by a police sniffer dog shortly after 6am following an extensive police operation.
- Executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act, officers carried out a detailed search of the premises using a sniffer dog, and a number of bags of ‘herbal’ cannabis were found.
- A paramedic from Lancashire has jetted out to Iran with his sniffer dog to hunt for survivors trapped in the wreckage of the devastating earthquake there.
- However, animal trainers defended the role of the sniffer dog and said a machine would never be able to take over completely.
- A police sniffer dog also uncovered nine blocks of cannabis resin worth £2,000, hidden in a nearby car.
- A sniffer dog was used to check for drugs and guns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.