1the bank sent me a snorter (of a letter) — el banco me mandó una carta tremebunda / una carta de aquellas coloquial
- The Sergeant looked at me incredulously. ‘That is a great curiosity,’ he said, ‘a very difficult piece of puzzledom, a snorter.’
- At that stage, 18 were needed in 11 balls and the snorter at Giles' throat ended up being spooned over Gilchrist and the game had changed in the matter of one ball.
- He got a snorter that reared up at his bat handle from just short of a length.
- And the second was a snorter that surprised him at the last World Cup.
- The goal kicker then edged his side in front with eight minutes left with another penalty but Jenkins promptly replied with another snorter of a drop goal from 40 metres.