In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fútbol masculinofutbol masculino México América Centralsoccer season — temporada de fútbol femenino
- Major team sports include rugby, soccer and cricket for boys and hockey and netball for girls.
- If soccer is not your cup of tea, you can switch to the more genteel game of tennis.
- Outside of his cricket Oscar also did a bit of boxing and played soccer as a left winger in Barbados.
- He loved to play soccer when he was young, but his elementary school did not have a team.
- Now beach soccer, and other sandy versions of team sports are on the rise.
- Youngsters learned new experiences such as blind soccer using audible footballs.
- He slowed down to a walk and saw children playing soccer with a battered ball.
- The team will be playing indoor soccer and the medal presentation will be held afterwards.
- In other words it is more a middle class sport in Argentina with soccer the working class sport.
- In fact, I was pretty much terrible at every sport ever invented, except for soccer.
- Dimitri wanted nothing to do with hockey or basketball, so he decided on soccer.
- There is simply no argument that at this level of play, soccer is truly the sport of the planet.
- I had gotten into varsity soccer a few weeks ago, and I was excited to continue practice.
- With its big wall at one end, it was ideally laid out for a game of soccer, and games went on all day during the summer.
- They both played soccer and softball, and, as a result, got to spend a lot of time together.
- One area that has seen an explosion of interest is women's soccer.
- In high school, he played both varsity soccer and tennis and did some running.
- He is a strong advocate of street soccer, the form of football which is played in the HWC.
- There is rough play, even dirty play, in football, basketball and soccer, but it is rare.
- Away from his day job Frank is involved in youth soccer and is known as a very dedicated fan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.