In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exclusión social femenino
- The Treasury said a new formula would mean more money for cities struggling with poverty and social exclusion.
- The root causes of social exclusion are tackled through programmes that have transformed the lives of many individuals, particularly women.
- They hold that these cuts will put an economic strain on the province as they will have drastic effects on those most vulnerable to poverty and social exclusion.
- He committed himself to taking forward Dewar's legacy by combating social exclusion, in particular child poverty and unemployment.
- We have improved literacy by 1.2 million people, which is part of an education system that helps eliminate social exclusion.
- Poverty and social exclusion have a negative impact on health.
- A spokeswoman for Sheffield Council said the overall aim was to regenerate the area by demolishing housing in a poor condition in areas of deepening social exclusion.
- Its aim is to tackle social exclusion, enabling older people to access services on line and bring them into contact with friends, family and others with shared interests.
- Residents of Acomb's Westfield ward made tackling social exclusion of the elderly a top priority this year in a survey of their views.
- The roots of social exclusion lie in the lack of a job, a decent wage and a stake in the property market.
- The new forms of social exclusion feed on the old scourges of poverty and inequality.
- Plans to tackle poverty and social exclusion in Basildon are being drawn up by the council.
- Voluntary groups and charities have a key role to play in tackling social exclusion and building bonds in society, research published today claims.
- It said heroin abuse and drug-related deaths are firmly linked to poverty and social exclusion.
- The book gives much information on links with poverty, social exclusion, and lack of access to health care.
- In rural areas, young people's social exclusion can be difficult to detect and tackle.
- They say that more people in work should improve the overall regeneration of areas and tackle poverty, social exclusion and community cohesion.
- The programme is a national programme promoting community development as a means of addressing poverty and social exclusion.
- The continued existence of the separate system of care perpetuates the marginalisation and social exclusion of people with learning disabilities.
- The scheme is one of the key elements in the Government's strategy to tackle social exclusion and bridge the gap between the poorest neighbourhoods and the rest of the country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.