In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asistencia social femenino
- The National Union of Teachers cautioned against blurring the roles between education and social work.
- Following her family's wishes Grace become involved in social work among poor people in London.
- She was housebound in her third floor flat and cared for by a devoted husband who accepted little help from social work or community nursing.
- She was critical of social work as it was being defined within an increasingly bureaucratic culture.
- He has no training in social work and denied the town had a problem until his own family suffered a drug-related death.
- She said that the peace march with her father changed her perspective on life and that is when she started social work.
- This led to a 20-year career in residential social work, caring for hundreds of youngsters.
- She gained her first degree in psychology and second in psychiatry and clinical social work.
- It is neither political ambition nor the desire to win awards that tempted him to take to active social work.
- Akhila Srinivas said that social work and her association with street children kept her going.
- Interestingly, Shiv says his ambition is to do social work and help people.
- When not studying for her degree in social work, she visits schools and community centres to spread her message.
- Clare Britton began her career in social work in 1941 with troubled evacuees in an Oxfordshire hostel.
- Her stint at a publishing firm did not last long, perhaps because she was always innately attuned to social work.
- Rehabilitative measures are supposed to lie in the domain of charitable social work.
- The Scottish Executive is preparing a major recruitment campaign to attract more young people into social work.
- Clearly more research is needed to clarify the potential contributions of social work to chronic disease management.
- Henry's been helping develop the field of social work in Bulgaria for the past few years.
- My mother has had a number of interesting jobs, from running businesses to social work.
- In social work, you're at the sharp end of dealing with people's troubles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.