In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Since the 1920s, Trotsky fought against the Stalinist theory of socialism in one country.
- They thought socialism as an economic system was the necessary analog to democracy as a political system.
- Under socialism, production would be planned and organised to meet the needs of society and its members.
- Ideas of socialism, and socialist organisation, are coming to the fore in this movement.
- Paul Foot was throughout his life a passionate fighter for freedom, justice, internationalism, socialism and democracy.
- Under socialism or communism, producers of profit and receivers of profit are the same people.
- For any socialist organization, implementing socialism should be the goal.
- She believes deeply in her heart that you can have genuine socialism.
- This relatively new ideology was based in socialism, and shared some views with nihilism.
- Hence, the development of socialism is internally inseparable from the growth of democracy.
- It is well known that Stalin first openly advanced his theory of socialism in one country in the fall of 1924.
- Within genuine socialism, politics and the economy are connected.
- With the advent of Karl Marx, socialism became a science.
- They believe in a common vision for humanity (once it was socialism; now it has mutated into liberal democracy).
- It is conventional to associate capitalism with the private ownership of the means of production and socialism with collective ownership.
- The idea is developed using Gramsci to show how parliamentary democracy in the west is an ideological barrier to socialism.
- In the end, market socialism does appear attractive on distributional grounds.
- These poets, it must be remembered, emerged out of a highly politicized milieu, where socialism was the word of the hour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.