In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The level of social mobility is often used as an indicator of societal openness.
- Each such crisis feeds off, and adds to, the erosion of public trust in societal institutions.
- Maybe the psychiatrists can give an explanation to this societal behaviour.
- Perhaps most interestingly, it found that their level of job commitment is no higher than the societal average.
- She fought societal norms and wanted to provide a much needed service to women.
- More often than not, societal changes are propelled by an established middle class.
- It is important to consider the origin of the desire to conform to a societal image.
- I will offer an illustration of the expression of differing levels of societal anxiety.
- Due to societal pressures, women undergo all kinds of treatment to have a child.
- She says the exhibit has harmful effects on societal attitudes towards violence.
- We are not doing it in order to conform with societal norms or expectations.
- We must change, on a societal level, our dependence and usage of fossil fuels.
- People really do still feel societal pressure to marry, and this is quite separate from religious pressure to marry.
- Temperance crusaders understood the societal problems that caused alcoholism.
- The years have not changed my mind about education as a tool for societal change.
- Media and societal pressure to achieve a slim body shape may fuel the guilty feelings people experience in relation to food.
- He says there has been a sea change in the societal attitude to love marriages in the past 10 years.
- He said today's youth were more depressed than in the past because of building societal pressures.
- This is a societal issue about which every thinking person ought to be concerned.
- To break the taboo against suicide would be a sure sign of societal breakdown.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.