In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1galletita salada femenino
- Those of the former sort were formerly baked by a particular method which called for a dough leavened with bicarbonate of soda (hence the term ‘soda cracker’) and left to stand until pockets of carbon dioxide formed in the mixture.
- Up until the day he retired, he could never again bring himself to eat even a single soda cracker in that office.
- In addition to agreeing that they should come in immediately, they also offered the time honored wisdom of eating soda crackers upon rising in the morning.
- Usually patients tend to gain weight because they habitually drink milk or eat soda crackers to get relief from the heartburn.
- She called out for Andrew to get some clean clothes from Jessica's bag and some soda crackers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.