In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lago salado masculino
- The lake itself is a soda lake on the floor of the rift valley.
- On the valley floor, freshwater and alkaline soda lakes support a staggering array of birdlife.
- The soda lake, which is nearly as salty as the Dead Sea, is named for its exquisite pinkness, due to the presence of bacteria that excrete red iron oxide.
- Lake Manyara National Park spreads between the cliff of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Manyara, a shallow soda lake.
- Embakaai Crater has a very deep soda lake which covers almost half the crater floor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.