In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Glauconite is close in composition to muscovite but has some iron, magnesium, sodium, and calcium.
- Finally, one of the more esoteric chemical markers to be found in ice cores is sodium.
- Too much sodium makes the body excrete calcium, threatening bone density and strength.
- The means by which sodium enters plants is still poorly understood.
- While sodium tends to put blood pressure up, potassium tends to bring it down.
- For example, lithium, sodium, and potassium comprised a triad of soft, highly reactive metals.
- In the body, it is essential to keep levels of sodium and potassium in balance.
- The salts of sodium and potassium are the main providers of the osmotic strength of body fluids.
- He worked on light metal alloys and the electrolytic production of potassium and sodium.
- Diuretics reduce fluid retention in the body by encouraging the removal of salts such as potassium and sodium from the blood.
- Calcium helps to build up good soil structure, sodium causes breakdown and dispersion of the aggregates.
- There is no reason to consume a lot of sodium, so choose and prepare foods with less sodium.
- By law, the amount of sodium must be stated in grams on the label.
- Compare like items and choose the one with less fat and sodium and fewer calories.
- The beneficial effects of potassium and the harmful effects of sodium have recently received attention.
- Empty calories, fat and sodium deliver a triple whammy that is the downfall of many.
- These will include blood samples to find out levels of sodium, chloride, potassium and urea.
- The second most abundant ion was potassium, followed by sodium, magnesium, manganese and iron.
- It's important to cut down on salt because salt contains sodium and having too much sodium can raise blood pressure.
- Note that this amount of sodium exceeds that typically available in commercial beverages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.