In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombrePlural solariums, Plural solaria
1(sun terrace)solárium masculinosolario masculinosolana femenino
- The new facility will include a solarium to measure influences of different climate conditions on air conditioning and cooling systems.
- A modern variation on the porch is the sunroom or sunspace, conservatory, greenhouse, or solarium.
- The open-plan, ground-level living room opens up through a solarium and glass sliders to an inner garden.
- Window film can be especially helpful in solariums or rooms with skylights.
- It includes a solarium and a south-facing terrace, and features such as marble floors and a high-spec kitchen.
- After a morning on the slopes, relax in the chalet's exquisite solarium where you can enjoy the beauty and activity of the great outdoors from the lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, or fitness room.
- The property has very good sea and country views as well as terraces and a solarium.
- Ana and Yu Ching Li sat in the little glassed-in solarium which housed Chin's winter quarters and watched the snow come down.
- The domes and the lifestyle associated with them aren't as popular as they used to be, but the desire to live under glass with good-looking plants is still strong, manifested in the growing use of solariums and green rooms in homes.
- Glowing summer sunsets give a pleasant close to the day for Phil Herman, while nothing is cozier than looking out of the solarium in the morning at a fresh covering of snow on the evergreens in the heart of winter.
- The views are almost as nice whether you're soaking in the hot tub in the solarium or cozying up in front of the stone fireplace.
- A splendid twelve-foot tree, heavily adorned with electric lights, filled the solarium and radiated through the Palladian window at the top of the foyer stairs.
- Each apartment and townhouse has its own private roof solarium with views over the golf course and the sea.
- It wasn't as unique as the O'Donnell solarium, but it was just as amazing with its designer looks that mimicked the pages of home design magazines.
- When Rick and Michelle Kerbs decided to expand their deck and open the kitchen and dining nook to it, they envisaged adding something like an English solarium.
- The Princess Kathleen, made to order in Scotland for the Canadian Pacific Railway, once boasted two stained glass dome solariums, hammered brass ornaments and carved hardwood detailing, all in native American motifs.
- It was a solarium, almost like a greenhouse room furnished with kitchen appliances instead of plants.
- Citrus and tropical trees should be moved to a heated greenhouse or solarium before the first frost to overwinter indoors.
- If you don't live where citrus grows outdoors, you can raise plants in containers in greenhouses or solariums.
- A typical sunroom or solarium has a glass roof and sides, but circumstances should dictate your choice.
2(sun bed)cama solar femenino
- Each spa cottage features a private sauna, still pool, whirlpool, and footbath as well a solarium and a water bed.
- It is recommended not to look directly at the sun or to use the glasses in a solarium.
- Well, I learned to be a car mechanic, but outside of being a professional boxer I owe two solariums today, because I want to be financially independent from boxing, which can be over any minute.
- While the décor won't win style prizes, facilities within the main building are plentiful and include wet rooms and saunas, a solarium, a large pool, a beauty spa, a small gym and facilities for massage and other medical procedures.
- Developments vary from apartment blocks and hotels to modern luxury complexes with swimming pools, solariums, restaurants and a host of other facilities.
- Despite her continued use of solariums, Hayley added: ‘I would like to warn other teenagers not to use sunbeds, because of the damage they can cause.’
- It has a pool, a solarium and its own tennis court, a terrace where you may take pre- and post-dinner drinks, eat and watch the sun's pyrotechnics as it sinks over the sea.
- The on-board spa has steam, sauna, whirlpools and a quiet indoor pool in the solarium.
- He was in the solarium, a room near the center of the ninth deck of the ship.
- There is a fitness area with a sauna, steam-room, solarium and gym.
- It opened last June and doesn't come cheap, but it does represent ultimate pampering, including a Sensory hair and beauty section with four deluxe treatment rooms, hair dressing salon, relaxation room and sunbed solarium.
- For the record, I've never put colour in my hair, gone to a solarium, or the gym.
- The first floor of the center, with exam rooms, a kitchen, and a solarium, opened for business in 1996.
- Situated a mere 8 minutes from the airport, the hotel boasts a health club, with state of the art facilities including a gym, jacuzzi, steam room and solarium.
- They can swim in the 12.5 metre pool, enjoy the solarium, and return to the spa and steam room.
- The Council says tanning in solariums, however controlled, still poses a health risk and can cause sunburn, premature ageing and increase the risk of developing skin cancer.
- Roman Yazymin, 29, who was using a sunbed in the solarium on the upper floors of the complex, said he heard a tremendous noise and the crash of shattering glass.
- Brock went back to the pool after that, and I headed to the solarium.
- It also has facilities for other leisure activities like massages, saunas, a solarium, a beauty farm and a fitness centre, as well as tennis courts and indoor and outdoor pools.
- The bathrooms are tiled, and notably spacious, and if they're not enough, the hotel has its own health spae, containing a jacuzzi, a solarium, a steam-bath and a massage chair.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.