In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1solidez femeninoher use of light and shade gives an impression of solidity — su uso de luces y sombras crea una impresión de volumen
- The architects are confident that this structural solidity will not compromise floor layout flexibility.
- The effect of the paintings' intense color was often to dissolve the solidity of the architectonic structures.
- Then the shade of Marx was gone, and the walls of the official residence had reassumed their reassuring solidity.
- The set of bronzes by Degas in their spare solidity are arranged in front of two of his mistiest canvases and look all the bolder for that.
- It has a sense of solidity which is a reflection of the whole ethos of the car.
- The claret jug is an admirable specimen of one of the best Etruscan models, most graceful in outline, and yet presenting an unmistakeable appearance of solidity.
- His funky forms investigate established formal concepts of solidity, transparency, interiority and symmetry.
- At the center of the web is a steel stair tower, giving a sense of solidity to the otherwise delicate structure.
- The stair is elegantly made, a light filigree of steel rod and plates that contrasts with the heavy mass concrete solidity of the vault.
- Nevertheless it has remained largely unscathed by bomb or administrator since: its sheer solidity makes any alteration an expensive option.
- The rich tea biscuit is the right diameter but lacks a certain structural solidity for dunking.
- Sliding behind the futuristic facia there is a tangible feeling of both solidity and comfort.
- The Polo impresses immediately by the quality and solidity of its build.
- The gently-tapered barrel is especially pleasing to the eye and the overall appearance of the rifle is one of quality and solidity.
- Following it, they have regrouped and gone back to the basics, working hard and showing solidity and strength in defence.
- I settled on the thin padding of the window seat and leaned against the reassuring solidity of the window frame.
- James is all grown up; the mass of him, the physical solidity, possesses a palpable gravitational pull.
- Once something is in the digital realm it loses its physical solidity, most likely for ever.
- Judging by the size and weight of the car and the way it has been put together, it gives a reassuring air of solidity.
- There was nothing fancy about it, but the solidity of the masonry gave an impression of lasting durability.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.