In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pájaro cantor masculino
- The other black songbird I had not seen well until this afternoon.
- Parallels between human and songbird phonological development have led to the use of songbirds as a model for speech development in humans.
- A recent study of a North American songbird, the Red-eyed Vireo, provides some support for this hypothesis.
- Our results demonstrate that our model area-sensitive songbird, the Eastern Yellow Robin, experienced relative food shortage in the breeding season in small vs. large fragments.
- Suddenly, one lonely songbird pierced the wall of silence with a stunning serenade.
- For example, weather during the breeding season and storm frequency during migration might be related to the same climatic factors, both of which could affect songbird numbers.
- At first glance, you might wonder why any forest songbird should be in jeopardy.
- Then, just as I made out the outline of a small brown songbird, the whole flock took to the air again and disappeared over a rise.
- Cowbird removals are used in management of several endangered species of songbird.
- These tours are the best opportunity to view this endangered songbird, since Kirtland's warbler nesting areas in northern Michigan are closed and posted against public entry during the nesting season.
- A species of territorial songbird colonizes a vacant region to which there is no further immigration.
- Take the case of the coastal California gnatcatcher, a diminutive, grayish blue songbird with a home range limited to coastal southern California and northwestern Baja California, Mexico.
- These results provide experimental confirmation that conspecific attraction occurs in at least one territorial songbird.
- In Chapter 1, the author introduces the robin as America's most well-known songbird: ‘It is as American as apple pie, baseball, and the Stars and Stripes.’
- Pygmy Nuthatches are one of only a few cooperatively breeding songbirds in North America.
- Only a few shorebirds linger now, and our songbirds are rapidly deserting us for more productive feeding areas to the south.
- Anything to avoid another night listening to Jennifer's account of how she catalogued every songbird in Ambridge on the website that day.
- We examined nest-patch vegetation of the Golden - cheeked Warbler, a federally endangered migratory songbird.
- The Black-capped Chickadee, a resident cavity-nesting songbird, is known to breed in fragmented and otherwise disturbed habitats.
- Human beings suffered terribly, as did songbird populations, old-growth forests, fur seal colonies, and fragile watersheds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.