In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cheryl and Rikki had already hit the songbooks and was writing down all the songs that they wanted to sing.
- Particularly noteworthy is The Road Goes On Forever, a songbook of words and sheet music by Tolkien and Donald Swann.
- They had old Australian punk books and Germs songbooks.
- During his years at South western Seminary, McKinney had worked part-time as music editor for Robert H. Coleman, a songbook and hymnal publisher in Dallas.
- The Hills' catchy little tune was unleashed upon the world in 1893, when it was published in the songbook Song Stories for the Kindergarten.
- The money will go towards producing a songbook, video and CD of them performing traditional songs in the Steers dialect.
- It's true that the Paul Robeson songbook isn't just about the songs but sometimes, surely, they're enough.
- Established stars queued up to cover songs from the Mitchell songbook.
- The posthumous engraved editions of Lully's operas reached high levels, and among French songbooks, Laborde's Choix de chansons is outstanding.
- His beautiful musical tapestries command a hush and even new songs are aired as he carefully balances his songbook on his knee.
- An exclusive treat for everyone attending Isla's forthcoming shows will be the availability of a songbook containing words of her 20 most popular songs.
- I asked the man for the songbook, although I was sure my song was already in there, and sure enough, it was.
- The songbook collected compositions from all over the world, making the case that the protest movement was universal.
- The strongest of the film's musical numbers is the title song itself, which, though a tad short on his trademark lyrical innuendo, is nonetheless one of the most memorable melodies in the Formby songbook.
- This shop now has a wonderful stock of gifts, souvenirs, music books, songbooks and instrument manuals.
- At the end of the visit, he presented us with a songbook of his songs, which was fantastic.
- On top of her bookshelf lay several songbooks that she had attempted to learn hit songs from.
- The songbooks sell on the back of the music more than the lyrics, so it's this Warner really seem to be trying to protect.
- She is currently co-writing the book for a major Broadway musical built around the songbook of Motown legend, Smokey Robinson.
- In any event, Prof. Lindgren passed along this link to more on Ella's recordings of the Duke Ellington and Cole Porter songbooks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.