In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The end result is a rich, triumphant sonic tapestry; you can hear every dollar that went into it.
- Yet, his sonic realm remains consistent all the way through.
- The band's sonic fingerprint remains as distinctive as ever.
- Dialogue is clearly heard and there are no distracting pops, hisses, or other such sonic flaws.
- This maybe the sonic equivalent of going to see a Bellini altarpiece in an art gallery, but I do not mind.
- Hence, the sonic crack of the bullet is much louder than any noise produced by the weapon's operation.
- It's not purely sonic pleasure: it's conflict and action and story.
- The Dolby Surround track, though clean, is the sonic equivalent of watching grass grow.
- Artists of all genres revere the Ryman for both historic and sonic reasons.
- The work is more abstract and introvert than on Later, with melodies often scarce and distant, while the sonic scope seems narrower.
- So songs swagger all over the sonic map from overly loud to whisper quiet.
- Hot Hot Heat may very much be a product of their influences but never before has it all been thrown together into such a vibrant sonic stew.
- A number of sonic themes emerge as the music on this CD unfolds.
- Quietude is a similarly becalmed sonic vista of placid sine-waves, nervous clicks and lithe atmospheric details.
- A sonic whistle is very old technology, to the point of almost being forgotten.
- The sonic assault of rock music has reached a point of diminishing returns.
- As a familiar sonic picture, it doesn't mess with your head.
- Unfazed, members of the band have, it seems, decided to evolve into sonic pioneers instead.
- His delicate constructions are all entirely self-contained, giving an impression of great sonic diversity.
- The welcome presence of sonic genius Jim O'Rourke joined them on stage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.