In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- How you tried to deceive us with smug sophistry?
- It must be confessed that there is an air of sophistry about this argument - and I certainly have doubts about its cogency.
- But Keynes smoothed over the harsh Marxist anti-individualism with artful sophistry and clever rhetoric into something salable to Americans.
- Badiou insists that philosophy is the discipline concerned with truth, and that any effort to detract philosophy from this concern is tantamount to sophistry.
- The Guardian's argumentation is pure sophistry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.