- Mixtures containing sorbitol, glucose, fructose, sucrose, and maltose were used as standards every fifth sample.
- The polyol pathway uses the enzyme aldose reductase to convert glucose to sorbitol.
- Embryos treated with 6% sorbitol + 3% sucrose showed little or no variation in size.
- The reduction of single-channel conductance was found only when sorbitol and glucose were applied.
- Leaves were excised, placed in sucrose or sorbitol (osmotic control) and the expression of all three clones was monitored.