1(painful)(foot/muscle/finger) dolorido(muscle/finger/foot) adolorido(eye) irritado(lips) resecomy legs are sore — tengo las piernas doloridas / adoloridas
- I'm sore everywhere — me duele todo
- she has a sore throat — le duele la garganta
- it's good for a sore throat — es bueno para el dolor de garganta
- you touched on a sore spot there — pusiste el dedo en la llaga
- Potential side-effects include sensitivity of the teeth to hot and cold, a sore throat, tender gums and white patches on the gums.
- It's possible that one may get a low-grade fever, slight sore throat, or muscle aches in the 24 hours following a flu shot.
- After waking up with a sore throat, slight fever, and aches all over, I'm now realizing it's a good day to be sick.
- Topical pain relievers are creams, lotions, or sprays that you put on your skin to relieve pain from sore muscles and arthritis.
- In diphtheria, the throat is moderately sore, with tender cervical adenopathy.
- Common symptoms of the flu include headache, chills, a dry cough, aches and fever and a sore throat.
- I mean headache, sore throat, muscle ache, stomachache, fever, and all that good stuff.
- By Tuesday, your throat is sore, your joints ache and you feel lousy.
- My whole body was sore and my legs ached as I made my way to the cafeteria.
- Her entire body was soon sore as she managed to sit up, rubbing at her throbbing head, trying to massage her temples.
- A sore throat is excruciating, but when it is coupled with a fever and a headache and a clogged up nose, it is more than miserable.
- My body was still sore from the onslaught and I had not moved the few times I had woken.
- He winced slightly as pain shot from his sore ankle and into his knee.
- Every part of his body was sore, and he felt extremely exhausted, like he had been working non-stop for a week.
- It is known to help treat wounds, sore gums and throats and even acne.
- A sudden onset of high fever, headache, a transient body rash, a sore throat and cough are the first signs.
- Bobby felt quite a bit better the following morning, but his entire body was still sore.
- It usually focuses on specific areas of the body, such as sore joints or muscles, to improve mobility and reduce pain.
- Her whole body was sore, and she felt ready to go to bed.
- Some people also have a fever, a sore throat, deep tiredness and body aches.
2EEUU coloquial(angry)to be sore at / with sb — estar picado con algn coloquial
- he got real sore at me — se picó muchísimo conmigo
3literario(great)enormeto be in sore need of sth — tener necesidad acuciante de algo
- He said the annual extravaganza, held in Aberystwyth, was in sore need of funds.
1llaga femeninoúlcera femeninoa running/festering sore — (chronic problem) una herida abierta
- For the animals, they develop nasty, fluid-filled sores all over their bodies.
- You can use them to treat sores, bruises, cuts, boils and inflammatory skin conditions.
- So she was left alone, with her body full of sores, especially on her head.
- The water is completely polluted in all of these villages and the people have horrible sores on their bodies.
- In late summer this year, she was found wandering around South Milford, near Selby, covered in painful sores and having difficulty in breathing.
- The sores are sometimes very painful but generally heal in 1 to 2 weeks without scarring.
- Melphalan may cause nausea, vomiting diarrhea, and severe mucositis with painful mouth sores.
- Some women are missing limbs, some women have sores over their body.
- Peptic ulcers are open sores that develop on the inside lining of your stomach, upper small intestine or esophagus.
- Or you can mix 25 drops into 100 ml of hot water and gently apply to cuts, abrasions, sores and ulcers.
- One of the sores on her body had penetrated to the bone.
- Your partner could pass the infection to you even if there are no painful sores.
- Painful spots or blisters turn into open sores, which scab over and heal.
- There were open sores and wounds all over her body and she was hardly able to walk.
- After a few days, of course, the Avalyskians began to notice sores on their bodies and realized something was up.
- Children with Coxsackie virus may become dehydrated because mouth sores can make it painful to eat and drink.
- A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth on either the cheeks or gums.
- People generally try to avoid brown recluse spiders because their bites fester into painful sores.
- He had red sores all over his body, and his skin and hair was white.
- He was lean and muscular, but painful scars and sores ran across his body like tattoos.
1hartoand they were sore afraid — y sintieron un gran temor
- we were sore pressed to get the book out on time — tuvimos enormes dificultades para sacar el libro a tiempo
- And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.
- The men were sore afraid, but such was the confidence of Moses they were willing to follow him.
- I pounded on her door, and as I did I heard my own heart pounding, for I was sore afraid that someone might be up and after me.
- The eclipse started, the natives were sore afraid, and Columbus eventually agreed to ‘return the Moon’ in return for food.
- And such men were sore afraid for the sons of Kahn.