In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(en universidades norteamericanas) hermandad femenina de estudiantes femenino
- Environment may refer to home, school, church social outlets and formal memberships such as sororities and clubs.
- Angela speaks and conducts workshops for campus events, sororities, high schools and government agencies.
- He had married his wife from his sister sorority and was a retired government worker, she a retired professor at Georgetown University.
- Fraternities and sororities are a pretty big deal here.
- It seems the awful practice of hazing is not just limited to college sororities and fraternities.
- By 1904, five fraternities and five sororities had been established on campus; dozens more were just on the horizon.
- In turn, the university lifted an interim suspension that prohibited the sorority from holding any social functions.
- These activities also can inspire synergy rather than competition, which is exactly why fraternities and sororities engage in group bonding rituals, she added.
- Consider student clubs or professional organizations, fraternities and sororities, community service groups, and special interest organizations.
- These would include junior Leagues, sororities, fraternities, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and countless others.
- Black fraternities and sororities are also a part of this heritage.
- Drinking rates tend to be highest among incoming freshmen, male students, members of fraternities and sororities, and athletes, according to the Task Force.
- After only a few legal wounds, schools sought methods to put the responsibility for drinking or drug use on the backs of students and fraternities and sororities.
- Other efforts to help students utilize their time and decrease their stress are offered through the university recreation center and individual sororities and fraternities.
- If you've ever thought of joining a sorority once in college, do your research first.
- Students who lived on campus and were involved in fraternities, sororities or extracurricular activities were less likely to drop out of college.
- Anyone who has been a member of a sorority or fraternity will be acquainted with some of the letter names.
- If you are not the president of your sorority or some other campus organization, you may feel it's difficult to relate your leadership skills.
- The university's history emerges through photographs of buildings, students, sororities, and athletics.
- Locally, businesses and Iowa State University fraternities and sororities also contributed.
- Una hermandad de mujeres en muchos establecimientos de la enseñanza superior en EEUU. Sus miembros comparten una sorority house. El nombre de cada sorority está compuesto de dos o tres letras griegas, tales como Chi Omega o Kappa Kappa Gamma. Suelen hacer obras de caridad y trabajos comunitarios. Algunas sororities también son organizaciones académicas o profesionales. Ver tb fraternity
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.