In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1introspección femeninoafter a great deal of soul-searching — después de un profundo examen de conciencia
- With prayer and much soul-searching, Hobson examined his state before God and his motives for seeking office as a minister in the church.
- These people need to do some serious soul-searching.
- There's something about lording over personal servants that lends itself to deep soul-searching.
- I've been doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching lately, and I'm not sure I like what I'm discovering.
- Much soul-searching, tactical strategising and ideological debates have been taking place within the activist community.
- Obviously, in Britain and elsewhere, it has lead to a certain amount of soul-searching about whether multiculturalism has worked.
- After much consideration and soul-searching, it was clear that I no longer had any feelings for my ex-wife.
- Basically, what I'm trying to say, is, after careful deliberation and soul-searching, I work alone.
- They did a lot of soul-searching after the deal fell apart and concluded that they had to expand their horizons.
- It took a great deal of meticulous soul-searching for Franklin to conclude that he was sick of being part of the establishment.
- We are, very simply, unprepared for dealing with pangs of shame or for undertaking spiritual soul-searchings.
- After a divorce, a person may be in the process of healing or deep soul-searching.
- And for me at a personal level, it caused I think a deep desire to do soul-searching, like it did for a lot of people.
- As he began what at first looked like typical adolescent soul-searching, his parents stayed lovingly supportive.
- I have a lot of thinking to do, a lot of soul-searching to find my motives for wanting to do this and for why I haven't already.
- After a great deal of soul-searching, I finally arrived at a conclusion.
- The planning of any home begins with a great deal of soul-searching.
- The experience was a time of deep reflection and soul-searching.
- Last night, in a room full of poets, I found their endless raw emotionalism and soul-searching really irksome.
- There is a great deal of soul-searching, it seems, but not to the detriment of the listeners' enjoyment, for the music is far from downbeat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.