In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comida tradicional de los negros del Sur de los Estados Unidos
- From four-star restaurants to any international cuisine you can name to soul food, you find it here.
- Sundays after church, they'll gather at Meta's Restaurant in downtown Winston-Salem for some Southern soul food.
- OK, well, possibly, I'm not aware of what you're talking about, but clearly I do eat soul food.
- There's not much good Mexican or soul food available nearby, which might not be a surprise - but they're easy to find elsewhere in the city.
- An estimated 60,000 adults and children thronged the Book Fair which had more than 350 stalls, including nine of them in the Food Court selling soul food.
- If you aren't really familiar with churches, or more specifically black churches, then you probably don't realize the best soul food comes not from any restaurant, but from church kitchens.
- In spite of Savannah's European character, the city can still get down, starting with its great soul food.
- He buys one and thinks as he eats it how he used to pretend that he didn't like yams, chitterlings, and other soul food because he thought liking that food made him seem ignorant and common.
- My mind danced with images of who in the family would be there, what we would talk about, how much fun we would have dancing to great music and eating soul food.
- But no one's there for the décor - instead, they're lined up for soul food straight from the old country.
- These risk factors can be controlled through regular exercise and healthy diet, but for African Americans, our love of soul food and convenience foods has been difficult to balance.
- Southern living, southern hospitality, soul food and segregation are just a few reminders of a different time in African-American history.
- Those familiar with soul food may wonder about the use of pork, which is central to the cuisine, but not to worry - pork bacon and pork sausages are available upon request.
- Why would a national debate on food tolerance focus on burgers to the exclusion of, say, Mexican fast food, soul food, or sushi?
- We need to make people recognise that they have skills, whether its the math and accounting that they learnt dealing drugs or the good soul food that they cook, or the vegetables that they grow in their garden and can for the winter.
- I've never normally considered myself to be much of a fan of soul food - too much work for the hand for too little reward.
- Outside of the city lie the Cajan wetlands, home of soul food and the blues.
- I like soul food and stuff like that and I want to set an example but I can't really do it.
- If you're interested in ham hocks, cornbread, southern funeral repasts, and the history of soul food, she's the expert.
- I grew up with my grandmother's Southern traditions like soul food and the Baptist Church, but we also eat Latino food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.