In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plato sopero masculinoplato hondo masculinoplato de sopa masculino
- Dinner plates, soup plates and meat dishes, which were produced in their thousands for affluent 18th century families, were usually of plain circular design until 1740.
- To serve, arrange some beet slices in a soup plate, sprinkle with fleur de sel and spoon some salad on top.
- Served in a wide soup plate in a shallow pool of vanilla cream, were two oval scoops of almond ice-cream and a little cylinder of oven-baked, whipped egg whites.
- Place the lentil salad in large soup plates, pour on the sauce and, finally, place the skewers across the plate on top of the salad.
- Arrange 2 or 3 slices of potato in the bottom of each soup plate, and place 1 trout fillet on top of the potatoes in each plate.
- To serve, spoon some of the lentil ragout into a soup plate.
- Again, beautiful plating: the risotto was served in the deep hollow of a large-rimmed soup plate, with a petal of slow-roasted tomato on top, and a decorative couteau shell balanced from the side onto the risotto.
- To serve, soon some tomato water into a soup plate and place a mound of heirloom tomatoes in the center.
- The latter resembled small soup plates about seven inches in diameter, and because of their shape were more expensive to produce than the larger dessert plates.
- Spoon the oysters in sauce onto a soup plate and drizzle with the lettuce cream.
- To serve, invert a flan mold of creme caramel custard onto the center of a soup plate and remove the mold.
- She'd lick the soup plate clean of everything except the peas and carrots, which she left in separate neat piles on either side of the dish.
- A large soup plate arrived with a hot plate of goulash.
- In the past I have enjoyed his pork cheek braised with Chinese spices which he used to serve, if memory serves me right, in a soup plate: a rustic presentation and all the better for it.
- Spoon some asparagus jus in the center of a soup plate and some risotto in the center.
- Each guest helps himself to both and eats them together in a big soup plate.
- To serve, spoon the vegetable couscous in the center of a soup plate, arrange some rabbit loin, rabbit saddle, and kidneys on top, and garnish with tarragon.
- Spoon into soup plates or dinner plates; garnish with thyme sprigs.
- He serves it in a soup plate, surrounded by a modest quantity of a rich, winey reduction and heretical though that may be, that improved it.
- To serve place a 3-inch ring mold in the center of a soup plate, fill with some tomatoes, and remove the ring mold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.