In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lanzadera espacial femeninotransbordador espacial masculino
- After a two-and-a-half year hiatus, America has a space shuttle back in orbit.
- The same rocket fuel that helps launch the space shuttle has been used to save lives by destroying land mines.
- The space shuttle Discovery is scheduled to return to Earth early this morning.
- The death of the seven astronauts aboard the Challenger space shuttle recently made headline news in the UK.
- In 1984, the USA space shuttle Discovery returned to Earth after its maiden flight.
- Nasa decided to leave space shuttle Discovery on its launch pad at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- This photo was taken out the window of the space shuttle while in orbit.
- Trip the master switch and a complex series of events eventually leads to the blast off of the space shuttle.
- Neither the space shuttle nor conventional rockets are up to this task.
- My next day was spent on the Indian river just across from where the space shuttle leaves from its launching pad.
- The next big step in our effort to conquer space was the launch of the space shuttle in 1981.
- In 1990 the space shuttle recovered an old satellite and brought it back to earth.
- The whole world watched, as the orbiting space shuttle released the Moonlander module.
- NASA became involved in 1994, when the space shuttle Endeavour recorded radar images of the earth.
- Today, the weight of a space shuttle at launch is approximately 95 percent fuel.
- Pilot astronauts have primary responsibility for guiding the space shuttle safely to and from orbit.
- By sheer good luck and brilliant timing, Lee was able to watch the space shuttle Discovery launched while he was there.
- The decision to build the space shuttle, and to do so as cheaply as possible, led to many of the problems we now face.
- Yesterday afternoon he ventured outside the space shuttle Atlantis orbiting 100 miles above the Earth.
- Hubble was launched and placed into orbit by the space shuttle Discovery in April 1990.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.