In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paseo espacial masculino
- A riskier-than-usual spacewalk outside the international space station was cut short because of a malfunction that left one of the two crewmen with a warm, damp suit.
- Commander Usachev has spent a total of 376 days in space and performed six spacewalks during two missions to the Russian Mir space station.
- The antenna will support Russian video transmission during Russian spacewalks, and during normal operations will support amateur radio activities.
- Barry is a veteran of three Space Shuttle flights and four spacewalks.
- During these storms, astronauts are advised to reduce exposure, particularly during spacewalks.
- In its second year of occupancy, astronauts and cosmonauts have conducted 16 spacewalks for maintenance and assembly of the Station.
- During one of three planned spacewalks on the Discovery, Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi and his US counterpart Stephen Robinson will test repair techniques adopted after the Columbia disaster.
- As I write two astronauts are on a spacewalk, trying to fix the problem and check for any sign of further damage.
- For the year that it will be located outside of the ISS this experiment facility will be measuring the radiation doses that would be experienced by astronauts during spacewalks.
- Hadfield is currently one of nine Canadian astronauts and the first Canadian to perform a spacewalk.
- He is expected to carry out several spacewalks to attach new segments to the Space Station's truss sections.
- The country also aims to have an astronaut performing a spacewalk during the planned Shenzhou VII mission and eventually put men on the moon.
- That's where astronauts practice extravehicular activities, more commonly known as spacewalks.
- And now tomorrow morning, 4:44 a.m., two of the shuttle astronauts will begin the first of three spacewalks.
- During the expedition, Voss conducted spacewalks in both U.S. and Russian space suits, and he was the first person to operate the Space Station Robotic Manipulator System.
- In 1965 he became to first man to go on a spacewalk, and he still follows events in spaceflight from the sidelines.
- The device is unique in that it reduces the static charge in a self-regulating manner and allows astronauts to safely conduct spacewalks on and around the structure of the International Space Station.
- Herrington had to re-plan the installation of components on the International Space Station during a spacewalk when it did not proceed as it did during testing.
- Steve Robinson and Soichi Noguchi will make three spacewalks outside the Shuttle.
- A Russian cosmonaut and an American astronaut are on a spacewalk outside the International Space Station.
1pasear por el espacio
- In addition to the ACS, spacewalking astronauts installed a new high-tech mechanical ‘refrigerator‘on Hubble during the servicing mission.
- Ross is a veteran of six shuttle missions and has extensive spacewalking experience, having been outside the orbiter on seven occasions.
- Two spacewalking astronauts improved the parking situation at the international space station today, putting up the latest devices for guiding in a brand new line of space cargo ships.
- She was a vital member of the spacewalking team that captured and repaired the crippled Hubble Space Telescope.
- Discovery's astronauts spent nine days of their 13-day mission resupplying the orbiting lab and two spacewalking astronauts replaced a gyroscope, which stopped working in 2002.
- Two pieces of filler material protruding between tiles on Discovery's belly were removed by a spacewalking astronaut last week, for fear they could lead to a repeat of the Columbia tragedy.
- Besides logging more than 259 hours in space, he has more than 14 hours of extravehicular activity, or spacewalking.
- He has logged more than 35 days in space, including more than 13 hours spacewalking.
- I just spent 3 hours spacewalking trying to fix the thing.
- But already, it looks as though the Canadian Space Agency's robot could accomplish most if not everything that spacewalking astronauts were meant to do.
- Significant (though not complete) shielding can be afforded to spacewalking astronauts by simply having them go back inside their shuttle or space station.
- According to the original scheme, spacewalking astronauts would have replaced failing batteries, gyroscopes and fine-guidance sensors.
- Hubble is the first scientific mission of any kind that is specifically designed for routine servicing by spacewalking astronauts.
- Apollo 17 was the last lunar flight, but spacewalking astronauts continued to perform important tasks in space.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.