In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(room/house) amplio(house/room) espacioso(park) grande(park) extenso
- The kitchen is another spacious room with solid oak fitted units and good natural light.
- We talk in his spacious office, which has views over the North Sea and a presentation fuel rod on the windowsill.
- We stayed in one of two new spacious cottages, with fabulous views over the misty mountains and forests.
- The reception room is spacious, large enough to accommodate both a living and dining area.
- The rooms are spacious and awash with brocade, satin and crisp white linen, with a decadent fur throw on the bed.
- There are two other rooms on the ground floor, a shower room and a spacious store room.
- The spacious rooms of the centre will be used for singing, dancing, drama and classes in being a DJ.
- The cats are kept in a spacious room and are fed and cleaned every day.
- He led them to a large, spacious room with two couches, two loveseats, and two armchairs.
- This spacious room catches the early morning light with windows both to the front and side.
- It a bright and spacious room with white walls and large windows overlooking the garden.
- The rooms are spacious and five have balconies with spectacular mountain views.
- A visit to their spacious store always does the soul good, even if it hurts the wallet.
- The rooms are spacious and the large windows should ensure a bright and open feeling.
- Off the kitchen is a utility area as well as a spacious room that is currently used as a bedroom.
- It is a steel-framed building which provides light and spacious accommodation.
- The rooms are spacious and avant-garde in decor and the service discreet but attentive.
- The living room is to the immediate left of the entrance hall and this spacious room is painted a deep red.
- The apartment was spacious and we made a number of good friends in the complex.
- Every room is spacious and has a bath and shower, air conditioning, satellite TV and safe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.