In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her work requires vast material accumulations that are vividly tactile and spatial.
- The spatial qualities of sound can be exploited heavily to define an environment.
- Eventually they realised this was caused by limited physical spatial hand activity.
- The entire urban economy becomes distorted, as does the spatial structure of cities.
- Also, left-handed men and women are likely to have less well developed spacial awareness, suggesting that they may be more prone to accidents such as car crashes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.