In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cocinafemenino pala (de servir)femenino espátula
- She was in the kitchen, waving a spatula around like a microphone while she wiped the counter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan - it will be somewhat thick, so spread it around with a spatula if needed.
- Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of hazelnut meringue over the tart.
- Who would have thought garlic choppers, spatulas and no-stick frying pans could make the world a better place?
- Fold the white sauce gently but thoroughly into the beaten egg whites, using a flexible spatula.
- He reached across the barbecue with his spatula and flipped various burgers and sausages until he found a sausage that was marginally less burnt than the others
- Pour a first layer of cheese mixture in the terrine and even it out with a spatula.
- British Army Chefs battled for honour using spatulas and whisks rather than rifles and bayonets recently in one of the British Army's most prestigious military catering events.
- Using a slotted spatula, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined sheet pan, reserve, and maintain the hot pan.
- Slide spatula between fillet and skin to remove salmon from grill.
- After about 2 minutes of stirring, take the mixture off the heat and, using a spatula, spread it evenly onto a non-stick baking pan with raised edges.
- Aunt Penny couldn't see the difference between a spatula and a spoon.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the egg whites to combine.
- Using the fork or a small spatula, work the egg mixture in the pan, stirring and drawing the mixture from the outside into the middle.
- He flips one of the smaller pancakes on the very large frying pan and puts the spatula down.
- In the kitchen I took out some eggs and the frying pan with the spatula and started to fry some eggs
- Using an offset spatula, spread the batter on a silpat-lined sheet pan to form 12 thin triangles.
- He dropped the spatula, picked up a spoon and stirred some sauce.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the milk mixture and then fold in the egg yolk mixture.
2Farmacología Medicinaespátula femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.