In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enviado especial masculinoenviada especial femenino
- As late as 1846, only Baltimore and Washington, D.C., papers assigned special correspondents to cover Congress.
- He's a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair.’
- Hansraj Vohra, worked as a special correspondent of The Statesman, The Times of India and the Deccan Herald in that order.
- As CNN's special correspondent in, he became a household name in the US.
- He's the special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair’.
- We're talking Hollywood tonight with somebody who knows it so well, Dominick Dunne, special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair’ magazine.
- From 1908 he was reporter, special correspondent, and leader-writer on the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Onlookers from both sides crowded round, including all three special correspondents.
- New programmes were planned, including a puppet show called ‘It's a Small World ’, the special correspondent revealed.
- Now, Dominick Dunne is a journalist, a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair,’ but is also an outspoken victims rights advocate.
- In 1867 Stanley became special correspondent for the New York Herald.
- Today, virtually no newspaper and no television network has such a special correspondent.
- He is a special correspondent for the Pakistani publication Journal.
- There are few women reporters and special correspondents.
- She's also special correspondent for CBS news.
- Various special correspondents, toxicologists and commercial risk consultants were wheeled out to discuss the dangers posed by such a device.
- He's a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair,’ best - selling author.
- She's special correspondent for ‘Talk’ magazine.
- It is a good thing that Swiss special correspondents have dared to travel to the country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.