In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1deporte espectáculo masculino
- Soccer, which is played at every school, is also the biggest spectator sport.
- The hope is the tournament will again make bridge a spectator sport, and the games are to be shown live on the internet.
- When he is not involved with his school, there is a little time for tennis and swimming, but for football, it is only a spectator sport.
- As a spectator sport it beats all-in wrestling hands down!
- It worked once, but by the 10th time, you wished that tennis had never evolved as a spectator sport.
- In addition to its popularity as a spectator sport, soccer is played by most Italians.
- Bullfights, a traditional spectator sport, came to the forefront.
- Cycling was popular as a spectator sport in France, as football was in England.
- Mixed martial arts is the fastest-growing spectator sport in North America, and even though it's only in its infancy in Alberta, the local promoters are seeing tremendous increases in interest.
- He continues to manage the National Football League spectacularly, expanding globally and continuing to develop the top spectator sport in America.
- And skating is a great spectator sport, which draws in crowds.
- Clearly this is the spectator sport in the United States.
- Curling is probably the greatest spectator sport in the world!
- There are soccer and basketball teams, and camel racing is a popular spectator sport.
- In almost every country around the world, some code of football is the major spectator sport.
- It is a spectator sport and is also played in the streets and open fields.
- ‘Horse riding is a splendid spectator sport,’ Chang said.
- Football is both a spectator sport and a participation sport.
- By the end of the decade, stock-car racing had passed baseball and basketball as an American spectator sport.
- The phenomenon has single-handedly turned golf into an international spectator sport.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.