2(theoretical)(conclusions/ideas) especulativospeculative philosophy — filosofía especulativa femenino
- all this is purely speculative — todo esto es meramente especulativo
- When I did no more than dumbly blink back he straightened and gave me a rather speculative look before finally breaking into a slow smirk.
- Again and again the historian is confronted by absence, gaps and empty spaces which only speculative conjecture can fill.
- With a smile, Danielle glances at Ian before returning her speculative gaze to Daphne.
- He knew his tacit non-response would prompt all sorts of speculative conjecture.
- This is clearly an example of highly speculative and incomplete theoretical explanations getting way ahead of all the available evidence.
- He gave Julien a speculative glance and then grinned.
- First Lord Peter gave him a speculative glance.
- They are entirely guesswork, speculative and based on unsound mathematics designed to promote the private healthcare system.
- Shooting her a speculative glance, he rested his elbow on the desk and rubbed his chin thoughtfully.
- This notion is speculative and demands further research.
- Much of my book is speculative and meant to be suggestive rather than definitive.
- Some of their conclusions are empirically based; others are speculative but quite reasonable.
- Concerns about widespread inaccuracies in online health information are speculative and intuitive rather than based on robust research.
- She slid a speculative glance at her boyfriend.
- The defendant says the elements of the loss must be established with reasonable certainty, and must not be speculative or conjectural.
- The potential outcome is obviously speculative and up for conjecture, but there is usually evidence to support one side or another.
- Atwood uses the term speculative fiction rather than science fiction.
- The account is based primarily on observations; but it is also speculative, relying to some extent on theoretical considerations.
- A number of entries also contain assertions that are unfounded or highly speculative.
- Such reasons should be empirically based and not just speculative.