In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rápidamenterápidocon toda prontitud
- Persistent young offenders were dealt with speedily, and victims were treated with proper consideration and given good support.
- To be fully effective, these drugs need to be given as speedily as possible to heart attack victims.
- Aid workers said law-and-order must be speedily restored to avert a humanitarian disaster.
- On the positive side the airport is developing speedily and we are well positioned as a gateway area.
- I will press for the investigation to be conducted speedily.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.