In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(allowance)dinero para gastos personales masculinoasignación femenino
- The family was also given £1,500 spending money and put up in a hotel the night before it left for France.
- The extra spending money which our own people find in their pockets is being spent abroad.
- It was a fun job, good pay, it gave me some spending money, and it was about five blocks from the college campus.
- It was a chance of a lifetime for an all expenses trip paid which included spending money.
- Sun-cream tends to be expensive, wherever you go, but buy it in advance so it doesn't dip into your spending money whilst on holiday.
- Children bring their own lunch and no spending money is required.
- Tickets are on sale at outlets in the town so be sure to get your ticket and be in with a chance to make some serious spending money this weekend.
- Eve's father gave her mother so much spending money that she didn't know what to do with it because everything they owned was the best.
- Students provide their own spending money and are fully covered by private health, accident and travel insurance.
- This is followed by a fun filled shopping weekend in Manhattan with 1,000 spending money.
- Children should bring a packed lunch, no spending money is required.
- Rather than taking all your spending money, use a credit card.
- These are important to take just in case you run out of spending money, the last thing you want to do is be stuck in an unfamiliar country with no money.
- The draw will be made for the overall prize of a trip for two to Australia plus 2000 spending money.
- Should Theresa be fortunate enough to win out the competition then she is off to Barbados with spending money and the record deal.
- Budget yourself an affordable amount of spending money per day and stick to it.
- The experiment not only furnished us with spending money, it provided a handy dress rehearsal for that weekend's culinary intake.
- The top prize is a holiday for two in Florida plus 500 euros spending money.
- Selena won herself holiday vouchers and spending money to the value of 650.
- What if you knew your husband would not let you work, and not give you any spending money?
2(for trip etc)I'm taking $400 spending money — me llevo 400 dólares para mis gastos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.