In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1despilfarrador masculinodespilfarradora femeninoderrochador masculinoderrochadora femeninogastador masculinogastadora femeninobotarate femenino
- Get tough with Republican spendthrifts in Congress by trimming the pork in spending bills for highways, energy, and agriculture while reminding them of core conservative fiscal principles.
- And only the rich and the spendthrift could afford to sleep here - or so I had thought.
- And the Air Force career they later had didn't exactly allow them to become spendthrifts.
- They are themselves always, and without any exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society.
- You see, by taking the trust fund surplus - almost $151 billion in the last fiscal year - away from those wanton spendthrifts in Congress, the administration will enforce that discipline.
- Suddenly I could appreciate the position of all those slinking spendthrifts I had rented from over the years.
- If you are a spendthrift before retiring you will be a spendthrift during retirement.
- A prize draw aimed at compulsive spendthrifts has been run by a Chilean bank.
- Now that I've isolated the spendthrifts, please understand that I'm not making an argument for this record's kitsch value.
- Natural selection designed us to be spendthrifts.
- Recovering alcoholics shouldn't frequent bars nor should spendthrifts frequent mails.
- When it comes to shopping, separate yourself from the spendthrifts in your life because the high they get from spending can be infectious and dangerous to your financial health.
- Today's gleaners are a disparate bunch: artists and activists, spendthrifts and street kids.
- In 1942, he already had a reputation as a spendthrift and a playboy, misbehaving in Brazil and frittering away the budget for another unfinished film.
- This makes them positive spendthrifts in a country where the average price of a bottle of wine is still under £4.
- Don't go down in history as a spendthrift, who threw away the country's wealth and squandered the opportunity to truly develop our nation.
- Working for a multinational and being the spendthrift that he is, he doesn't have the money to buy a laptop for himself, at least not a brand new laptop.
- To give such serial spendthrifts the power of the Inland Revenue, to tax residents on the basis of their incomes, would be a dangerous move.
- We seem to have become a nation of late bookers and seat-of-our-pants spendthrifts, incapable even of saving for our own pensions.
- This is a president who's the biggest spendthrift that I've seen since I've been paying attention in politics.
1(policies/habits) de despilfarro(habits/policies) de derroche(organization/person) despilfarrador(person/organization) derrochador
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.