In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espermicida masculinoespermaticida masculino
- Common commodities such as honey and sodium bicarbonate, acidic fruit juices and oils have been used through history as spermicides.
- Women were also excluded if they reported use of diaphragms, douches or spermicides.
- If your regular form of birth control is condoms, spermicides, or a diaphragm, you may go back to using it right away after taking emergency birth control pills.
- Honey, pepper, and even animal dung were tried as spermicides or diaphragms.
- Still others think that chemicals, detergents, and soaps - or even spermicides and lubricants - might be the culprits.
- As they are used in conjunction with spermicides, some people find them a messy contraception method.
- Condoms may not be the most suitable method of contraception if either partner has an allergy to latex rubber, plastic or spermicides.
- There remains a really troubling question about whether we should be using it as a spermicide on condoms.
- When spermicides are used with a condom, the failure rate is comparable to that of oral contraceptives, and much better than for either spermicides or condoms alone.
- Some barrier methods are packaged with spermicide already in them.
- They contain a spermicide - a chemical that damages or kills the sperm.
- At the four-week and final visits, questionnaires about the acceptability of the spermicide were completed.
- Furthermore, condoms lubricated with spermicides are no more effective than other lubricated condoms in protecting against the transmission of HIV and other STDs.
- The microbicides are also effective as a form of contraception, because they act as both a spermicide and a barrier preventing fertilisation.
- Improved barrier methods and potent safe spermicides with antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties are in demand.
- The cap is used with a spermicide, which is an agent that chemically destroys sperm.
- If use of spermicides and lubricants is contributing to symptoms, alternative contraception choices should be discussed.
- Using spermicides in addition to the male or female condom will make it more effective.
- Intravaginal spermicides have been marketed for decades but have had limited popularity in the era of more reliable contraceptive methods.
- Nonhormone chemical contraceptives also include spermicides, which, as their name indicates, deactivate and kill sperm before they can fertilize the egg.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.