In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Then your brain tells your pelvic floor muscles to relax and your sphincter (the opening at the neck of your bladder) to open.
- It is girdled by the external anal sphincter, a striated muscle structure that is part of the pelvic floor musculature.
- This rapidly closes the duodenal sphincter to contain the stomach contents.
- This smooth muscle is the involuntary sphincter of the posterior urethra in the male.
- Anal manometry is performed to assess the anal sphincter, pelvic floor, and associated nerves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.