In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mono araña masculino
- They included films about giant tarantulas, jaguars, spider monkeys, vampire bats and many other jungle creatures.
- She looked to see a small and agile spider monkey with her banana.
- She is particularly keen to see spider monkeys, which are often rather elusive.
- Among tamarins and spider monkeys, all males are dichromats - they can't perceive reds or greens.
- Everyone then heads for Monkey Island, home for an assortment of spider monkeys.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.