In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1canal de desagüe masculinodesagüe masculino
- To this day, it continues to grind away - a giant spillway steadily funneling water, mud, and whitewater rafters toward the Grand Canyon, which lies 315 miles south of the park.
- There are still some rescues going on near the spillway at Canyon Lake.
- It had been extinguished in some parts of the Ord Project Area with respect to the dam area and spillways and irrigation areas.
- Berrios worries about losing specialists who can design large networks, databases and systems to control dams, spillways and other specialized irrigation or waterway systems.
- Clouds were building up so we had to hurry over the boardwalk that looks down into the gorge cut by the Kallada, fed by the spillway of the dam.
- After the spillway breached, it was about 190 feet wide and 40 feet deep.
- The jet device can measure the erosion potential of a soil in vegetated channels, road embankments, dams, spillways, and construction sites.
- As the Iraqi engineers from the Irrigation Ministry began to look at their dams, diversion structures and gated spillways, they expressed concern that some of them had been damaged.
- Constructing concrete spillways may reduce or prevent damage to dams caused by burrowing beavers.
- This is done with a stilling basin at the spillway's outlet.
- Slowed by dams and spillways, with much of its flow siphoned off for users around the West, the lower Colorado is highly controlled.
- A few diaspores may pass dams through turbines or spillways.
- We have been at the dam in years gone by when the roar of water pouring over the spillway was deafening, and could even be heard at the car park.
- Construction is expected to start on the first part of the dam wall, which is the foundation for the second spillway, by the end of May.
- The current software program predicts how an earthen spillway will perform and evaluates its potential for failure.
- The fill was steady and no water went over the spillway, so no fish were lost.
- ‘That lake is going to get so full it's going to get to the emergency spillways,’ said Larry Leinhauser, spokesman for Manatee County public safety emergency operations.
- Although the dam held, it sustained damage to its concrete core and spillway.
- Laing Dam, on the Buffalo River near King William's Town, which feeds into Bridle Drift, peaked in the morning when the water was 2,09 metres above the spillway.
- They hold it back, water rises and then empties slower over the spillway.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.