1(spread apart)(fingers) abrir(fingers) separarto splay one's legs — abrirse de piernas
- the front wheels of the car were badly splayed — las ruedas delanteras del coche estaban muy desalineadas
- Energy explodes from torsos, courses through limbs, and shoots out fingers splayed, reflexively, like a child's.
- His fingers and toes splayed out, his tail arced, bracing for impact.
- It wrapped around the girls making their skirts ruffle and their hair splay over their faces.
- His legs are splayed out, one stretching behind him in a straight line, the other knee bent and lying on something that seems to have broken his fall.
- Nicole splayed her fingers out over her abdomen, and closed her eyes.
- He was a big influence on Michael Richards - when Kramer enters a room, his rubbery legs and arms splaying almost out of control, he's partially channeling Tati.
- Nan could not speak but splayed her fingers out, gazing at her nails to express her gratitude.
- His hands splayed open on his knees looking strong and capable to Maura.
- But her long legs splayed out spread eagle, and her dress up to her waist.
- In many of these collages, the nude female splays her legs while she wields a camera as if to return the gaze directed at her.
- The legs are splayed and the figure is ‘caught’ in a semisplit position.
- Her feathered, honey-blond hair is splayed around her, her lips are glossy, and her white halter dress and heels present a doll-like plasticity.
- To do so requires that their legs are splayed quite far apart in order for them to bring their head to ground level.
- And I'm still dancing, but my arms are getting sore, held above my head, splayed little fingers drawing circles in the air.
- Then he moves closer to me and splays his fingers across my cheek, cupping it with a force that is both gentle and firm.
- They don't bash their heads against the divider - they just splay their fins and the little ruff around their neck, and stare challengingly at one another.
- He merely lifted a cautious hand and splayed the fingers out across Keithran's throat, tracing them over the dark bruises that circled it like a collar.
- One type of bird had a bit of an ungainly way of carrying itself in flight, splaying its legs out as it went and wobbling a bit.
- Sharma's feet were splayed, set apart from each other in disgrace, his work unfinished.
- Its legs splayed out, occasionally twitching, and its dead body quickly began to stink of rotting Scourge.
- She was finished rolling up and used her hands to brush loose crumbs from her lap, the fingers splaying and the palms resting gently on the swell of her stomach before sweeping down toward her knees.
- She smiled as her fingers splayed against the silk and lace creation as she held it against her pajama clad body.
- Then Tanjabar put his right hand out in front of him, splayed his fingers and, lo, green light issued out of his fingers joining together to form a horizontal green line.
- The bright yellow hair splayed out around him as his head rolled slightly.
- Its wings were splayed as if for flight, but they were not flapping.
- His fingers splayed over the clacker, and then he scrapped his fingernails over it, trying to move it further towards him.
- With three midwives, a doctor, my mother and Lucas in the room, my legs were splayed and my mind focused on staying calm and pushing (Dad and Natasha were outside waiting).
- His other hand reached around her back and his fingers splayed out against the soft, exposed skin of her hip.
- She bent her legs and wiggled her entire body in a jerky motion, flicking her long fingers outward, while her wooden silk hair splayed out around her as the crimson ribbon was lost.
- It moved along my arm, splaying my fingers against its palm then nuzzling my wrist.
- She found them still pleasantly warm from the afternoon sun, and splayed her hands, letting the grains drift over her fingers.
- The viewer sees over the shoulder of one woman, whose fingers splay emotionally in the fore-ground, to the others squatting on the ground.
- He sat down beside the redhead, grabbing his picking hand and splaying his fingers gently.
- It was her gently splayed fingers that first drew my attention to her hands, long pallid fingers curving to knob-like ends.
2Arquitectura Construcción(door/window) construir con derrame(door/window) construir con derramo
- The main entrance to Hillyfields is now through an access set between splayed walls which are constructed across the disputed strip almost up to the edge of the metalled driveway.
- Only about seven stories of the north tower were still in place, the girders splayed.
- The splayed overhanging eastern wall of the bedroom above concatenates this diagonal tension, while the raised living area closes and holds the space back.
- The walls, built of coursed red stone, stand almost 4 m. high with two doorways and five splayed windows.
- If you want to maximize the amount of light coming into the room, make the ceiling opening larger than the roof opening and connect them with a splayed light shaft; you can splay any or all shaft walls.
- Its outwardly splayed north edge set against its concrete escape tower provides a vertical accent to balance the dominant horizontal.
- The bands form a matrix for a mathematically calculated grid of deeply recessed and splayed bays each containing windows of different sizes.
- People who live on rural/semi-rural routes and have splayed entrances should leave the bin out where it is visible to the driver on approach.
- The jury singled it out for its spatial surprises, ‘including a splaying of demising walls to broaden exterior views.’